Monday, March 4, 2013

CURRENT OBSESSION : how to pull off the overalls look without looking like a house painter or BDSM lover

I can't stop looking or searching for the perfect pair of overalls. Obviously, the 3.1 Phillip Lim are the perfect incarnation of everything I've ever wanted. And obviously, they are way out of my price range. If you don't have a boyfriend working in finance busting your ass to save some cash like me, i strongly recommend you get your credit card and make an investment in those. You can find them here



For anyone else that will dare trying this trend, I've also made my little research for you. A great way to not spend to much is to find yourself a vintage pair. You probably won't find leather ones but jeans ones you will cut and rip will make a killer look !! For those ones who are not patient enough like me to vintage shop, Nasty Gall offers this one for a reasonable price. Then again, not leather, but its a great fit. For my vegan friends, ASOS offered this faux-leather dungarees that are pretty dope, not gonna lie.

As for how to wear them, i strongly recommend a loose sweater, preferably white, for the winter. Once the sunny days are upon us, a cropped top with stilettos will create a killer look ! Always roll them up at  the bottom to accentuate the shoes. Treat your overalls like they are normal pants, even leave the panel detached if you are into that ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment